Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Making Preparations






I'm making lists.  I'm making lists about what to do before I leave, what to pack for clothes, what to pack for entertainment for me, what to pack for entertainment for Olivia....and apparently I'm making lists about what lists I'm making.  I made a list of things to clean and take care of here at the house before I go and I got partially through that, but luckily I have a husband that knows how to do dishes, and he also likes to make sure things are in order for me when I return from somewhere, so I'm not worried about the house.  At all.  Hear that, honey?  :)  (positive reinforcement works well for him)

I wanted to share some specific prayer requests tonight, because this will be the last post I make before we go.  A friend is keeping the littles (Emma and Rebekah) for me in the morning so that I can get stuff done, and I will likely not find time to do anything but prepare tomorrow.

Olivia is so excited she can hardly stand it.  She is talking about it all the time, parroting information that I've given her.  

I'm a mixture of excitement and apprehension.  Excitement about returning to the place I've missed for 8 years, and the girls I've longed to see, and apprehension about the same, because I know it will be different - but I'm not quite sure I can put my finger on how.  Apprehension about bringing my 5 year old daughter on our first trip - to a third world foreign country for that.  Dread about the LONG travel days.  Our flight leaves at 6am Thursday and when we return we fly in at 11pm on the following Thursday.  Early mornings, late nights with a small child.

I feel awe that I am pioneering the Steinmetz family vision of doing mission trips with our children instead of Disney World. 

I feel pressured and nervous about all the packing.  I'm concerned about something happening to my family while I am gone.  I am comforted by the capable hands we are leaving our girls in during the days when Peter will be busy. I am sad to be missing Olivia's gymnastics show.  So many, many things.

So, with all that in mind, here is my prayer list in no particular order:

Please pray that - 

1 - I will be organized and efficient in packing.
2 - Our travel will be smooth.
3 - My Spanish will be sufficient (its marginal at best).
4 - For emotional energy to parent at the same time that I attempt to minister.
5 - That Olivia and I will convey Gospel truth and love to the children at all times.
6 - That God will be glorified in it all.
7 - That I will have clarity on the two Bible studies that I am required to prepare (all the people are being asked to do this).
8 - The peace of God would guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus throughout the week.

I think that pretty much covers it.  I cannot express enough my gratitude to you for joining us in this adventure.  :)  Next time you hear from me it will be with pictures of the completed trip.  Yikes!

   

10 comments:

  1. You amaze me more and more each day. I admire you so. :) Love you friend! Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God, Kat! Love you too! Can't wait to see you and show you all the pictures. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I look forward to swapping stories with Hayden.

      Delete
  3. much love and prayers for you and Olivia - I know you will have a remarkable trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you back!! Remarkable is a good word. :) Thank you for the support, my dear "Aunt Lonna". :D

      Delete
  4. I am very proud of you. I love you more all the time. Can't wait to hear updates.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama. Love you, too. You will get an earful, or three, no doubt. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. You are going on the adventure of a lifetime! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete