Friday, September 7, 2012

Passports!


The first step in the process of getting things together for our trip is for Olivia to get a passport, and for my passport to be renewed/updated with my married name!  The other day, when I took Olivia and Emma to school, Rebekah and I went downtown to get the paperwork and ask about the process.

The last time I got a passport, I went to the courthouse to do it, so I parked in the parking lot and put Rebekah in the stroller and we strolled to the courthouse, went inside and went through security...I put my purse on the belt and Rebekah and I walked through (well, I carried her!) and they took the stroller and examined it (embarrassing because its filthy in the seat, from all the times I've fed the kids in it and food has dropped onto the seat!). When we got all that done, I asked where I should go for passports, and I was tersely told that I was in the wrong building.  :)  Great! 

A few directions and a block and a half and a little sweat later, Rebekah and I found our way to the passport office and we made a new friend as the woman who helped me was very kind, and just loved Rebekah (who doesn't?!).  She walked me through the process and wrote the instructions and fee amounts on the passport applications, and sent me on my way.

This morning, I have filled out the information and over the weekend we will get our pictures taken and next week I will mail mine and take Olivia to the office and apply for hers (she has to be present because she's a minor, I also have to bring a notarized paper of consent from Peter - apparently to prove I'm not trying to kidnap her).  So, Step One is in process.  :)

Please continue to pray, especially regarding the finances.  We are committed now, and if I cannot raise the funds for some reason, we are still required to pay for the plane tickets.  And we definitely don't want that to happen. 

When I was thinking about seeing those smiling faces again, my stomach got butterflies.  I can't believe I am actually going back.  I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment