Saturday, September 22, 2012

Let's talk about money!

I figured I'd just get right to the point.  Y'all know me...and you know that's what I'm about.  :) 

So far, we have been given $355 by generous donors.  I feel so blessed and loved that people are actually opening their wallets and gifting us their money.  Matthew 6:21 says that where your treasure is, there your heart will be also, and so I know that hearts are with us on this journey, and I am beyond grateful.  I love that you guys love us.

This will be my only post on the finances, other than to update you on the amount collected at intervals, most likely through the use of the handy-dandy thermometer on the right hand side there.  

So, here is the run-down on how to best support our mission.  :)

First, if you pray, please pray!  God has sovereign control over all the finances necessary and I believe He is going to provide all we need.  I want to be dependent on Him throughout this process, and prayer is the way that happens.

Second, if you cannot, or do not feel led to give, please don't!  I understand that not every mission is supported by every person, and love that you're reading along and following with us even if you have no intention of giving!

However, if you do feel led to give, and have not yet, the rest of this post is for you!  


  • If you want to do a tax-deductible donation, you can do so two ways. Either:
    • Send a check to Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters, 75 Mae Johnson Way, Andrews NC 28901 and be sure to put Steinmetz Honduras in the subject line.
    • Go to Causes by clicking HERE. This donation goes directly to Snowbird and they know its for us.
  • If you are not interested in tax-deductible and don't want to do an internet payment, you can send me a check. Email me at michellestz78 at gmail (dot) com and I will message you our address!
  • You can donate cash when you see me!
  • You can order from a fundraising catalog I have...lots of cute Christmas stuff, decorations, cards, wrapping paper, etc., and I get to keep 50% of your donation!
  • You can donate stuff for a yard sale!  Check this out!!

All that stuff is crammed into our dining room, waiting for a yard sale!  Yikes!

Okay, I think that about does it, unless you have other suggestions.  We are trying to think of as many ways as we can do bring money in, and so I may mention something else down the road, just to let you know what we are up to, but there will not be another post dedicated just to money.  I figure once is enough to beg. Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment